I head to the office at about 7:30 every morning. The first thing I do after I get all the peripherals plugged into my MacBook is to pop open Chrome. There are three pages that I want to open automatically in three separate tabs: (1) GMail, (2) Google Calendar, and (3) Google Voice. To save myself a few precious extra seconds, I have Chrome open them for me automatically. Here's how:
- Click the menu button on the Chrome toolbar () and select "Settings" (or type "chrome://settings/" in the address bar)
- Locate the heading that says "On Startup," and tick the radio button to the left of "Open a specific page or set of pages."
- Click "the set pages" link
- Type the Url (i.e., address) to the page you want to have open automatically and press Enter
- Repeat step 4 for each additional page you would like to have open when you start Chrome (note that each page will open in its own tab)
- Click the "OK" button
Restart Chrome. For each page you want to have open, you should see a tab loading those pages.